Vegan Noodle Rainbowl
- Blood Brothers: The basic component of the plant’s “blood,” chlorophyll, is nearly identical to that of human blood, hemoglobin. The hemoglobin of red blood cells in humans, and the chlorophyll of plants, differ only in molecular structure by their centre atom. The centre atom of hemoglobin in humans is iron, and the centre atom of chlorophyll is magnesium. This magnesium centre is also why most green vegetables are so high in the mineral.
- Energizer: Chlorophyll is produced as a result of photosynthesis. Photosynthesis converts the energy from sunlight, carbon dioxide and water, into glucose. Glucose is the main source of fuel for all living things. It’s simply plant energy! As a blood-builder, chlorophyll helps to increase hemoglobin. More hemoglobin, means more oxygen throughout the body. Oxygenated blood, is healthy blood, and more efficiently delivers nutrients to every nook and cranny. Having more oxygen in your system can even help to increase sports performance, naturally.
- Anti-Inflammatory: According to Andrew Weil, M.D., inflammation is the root cause of disease. Eating a well-balanced, anti-inflammatory diet is necessary for optimal health. To be clear, this inflammation is invisible to the naked eye (a low-grade, chronic inflammation, that’s not to be confused with inflammation that occurs when we cut ourselves, for example). Chronic, low-grade inflammation is linked to cardiovascular disease, some forms of cancer and chronic inflammatory diseases, according to a study published in the International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research. The same study also noted that, “by means of anti-inflammatory activities, a plant-based diet may contribute to the lower risk of cardiovascular diseases and cancer.”
- Alkaline-Promoting: Most plants, especially greens, promote an alkaline environment in the body. An acidic body is a breeding ground for bacteria and disease. Chlorophyll is both oxygenating, which disease and bacteria don’t like, and promotes an alkaline environment, which they also despise. In turn, this strengthens the immune system (along with the abundance of immune-boosting vitamins found in green produce). If you want to learn more about the alkaline diet, I recommend heading over to The Alkaline Sisters blog -it’s a fabulous resource.
- Detoxifier: Chlorophyll is like a scrub brush for your cells. It binds with toxins, heavy metals and impurities in the blood stream, safely ushering them out of the body. (Cilantro, which is featured in this salad, is a fantastic heavy metal detoxifier on its own.) Amped-up blood flow form chlorophyll’s oxygenating capacity, also works to speed up toxin removal. Additionally, after a winter full of carbohydrate-rich root vegetables to keep us warm and cozy, the body is looking for a little help to detoxify and purify. Bitter greens, such as dandelion, are now in season; that sharp-tasting edge stimulates your liver’s bile production, revving up the detoxification process.
- Beautify Food: Chlorophyll is beauty food for three main reasons, including its detoxifying, anti-inflammatory and oxygenating features. If your diet is full of processed food, your liver is working overtime in order to get rid of the additives and preservatives. This can show up as skin issues. Chlorophyll’s detoxifying features safely remove the unwanted compounds. Chlorophyll’s anti-inflammatory properties helps to calm redness, acne and other skin irritations. And the oxygenating features transports those healthy nutrients you’re taking in, all the way to your skin and hair, giving you a healthy glow.
- Natural Deodorant: Chlorophyll is a natural deodorant, helping to neutralize odours. The best way to use chlorophyll as deodorant is by eating plenty of greens (food first!) and drinking chlorophyll water. You can find liquid chlorophyll at your health food store. It’s very safe, as it’s an extract, not a supplement, per se. Just be sure to watch out for any gluten, thickeners and added sugars, as some brands have this.
For healthy recipes visit https://www.1001sovet.info/en/category/recepty-goryachix-blyud